Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hello

Hello Everyone

I would like to introduce myself to everyone. I am a mother of five kids 3 boys and 2 girls. I have 2 healthy girls. My husband and I found out in February of 2012 that all 3 of my sons have Duchene Muscular Dystrophy. My sons also have ADHD which is common among boys who have Duchene. My oldest son also has been diagnosed with an intellectual disability. I have always had excellent luck with finding resources and have also had amazing health care providers and Teachers in our lives. As I began to get more involved with the Duchene Community I began to see how difficult it can be for parents to navigate the system and find sufficient Health professionals and communicate with teachers. I have always helped parents with this but I found my knowledge limited and decided enough was enough. I was referred by my brother to a program called AZ Partners In Leadership where I learned more about being an advocate for my children and friends children. While in this program I met this wonderful group of women with whom I helped create and design this blog to help create awareness for people with Special Needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment